Some SD Fed Property auction results

I went to the South Dakota Federal Property Agency auction here in Huron SD last week, and have put a few pictures in the drop box of two lathes, two bandsaws, and some misc. items. Some captions are in

The real surprise for me at the auction was that an unwired and rusty LeBlond 2516 went for $7000.
A rusty Monarch (don't know what model except 36" bed) went for $500 which also seemed high, but less of a surprise.
The big bandsaws sold at $900 and $700 --
Lots of misc. items went cheap --
some angle I bought and some shelves. For some reason the hundreds of boxes of fanfold printer paper didn't sell well; I think they went off at about a dollar a ton. But prices of many items were right up there - eg $100 for a lot of 750 used drill bits, $80 for a 120# box of 337 allen wrenches, over $5 each for 100 parts bins, $400 for a small, old, rusty "transmission jack, screw type, portable", $25 for a box of 573 aluminum salt and pepper shakers.

-jiw

Reply to
James Waldby

It could have been; the stuff you mention and also 6 cardboard boxes on that adjacent pallet went with it. Unfortunately I didn't look in the boxes when very briefly looking at it.

-jiw

Reply to
James Waldby

I'd say there is more than $500 worth of parts there.

Gary Repesh

Reply to
GJRepesh