Ebay Auction Alert: clarification

Apparently there has been some confusion around an auction that I put up for Emil Minerich of Skyway Model Shop.

Very Rare Monogram USAF Airpower set: 18 kits

Both Emil and I have been emailed regarding the 18 kits because people are thinking it is a lot that Emil put together. It's not; it's a set of 18 model kits that are in identical scale (1:240, if I recall correctly) that Monogram produced and packaged in the early 1960's.

Similarly, the USAF Missile Arsenal set was produced by Monogram as a set in one box, not a lot put together by the seller.

Sorry for any confusion out there.

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

It probably would have been less confusing if you had just said that it contained 18 different aircraft models, leaving out the word 'kits'.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

It's quite a collector's item, I guess. Not my cup of tea, personally, although I do think it's pretty cool. I'd do something really stupid like applying glue to it!

In any case, this evening I added to the description in the hopes of clarifying any lingering confusion. Also, in the XSL-01 Manned Spaceship from Revell, I uploaded several pictures to a remote site and have that URL in the Ebay description now. There's been a ton of interest around that one as well.

People really get into more descriptions and more pictures when the price of the item gets up there. It's been a learning process.

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

I don't understand people who collect unassembled models. It seems like owning a complete vintage Spitfire and keeping it in bits in the garage.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

well, i collect coins and i sure ain't putting a bust half in the soda machine. i understand the collector mentality, but i build what i buy.

In some cases it's like mailing a letter with a rare stamp.

The difference is that most collectors are modelers who build at least some of kits that they obtain. I'm one of those.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72