Sebastian lathe info?

Our company was offered a Sebastian lathe in exchange for some laser cutting and forming. It appears to be about 14-16" swing x 42" between centers with QC gearing and some tooling, 3 jaw & 4 jaw chucks, lantern type tool post and some odds & ends. No handy plate with an actual model #, although there was a plate that said: Lot c16 Serial # c6244r. I couldn't find much about them through Google, just some pix of similar ones for sale, but no prices listed. Anyone have any further info? Was the company taken over by Sheldon, as I found some references to Sheldon offering a Sebastian line?

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Does this help?

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers (1879-1935).

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Thanks, I went there first from Google, which gave an idea of the age of the company. I suspect the machine I looked at is closer to WWII vintage, maybe earlier.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

"David R. Birch" wrote in news:mYGJc.20171$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

I had one way back when, old unit. If memory serves, DC Morrison had little support for it. They don't seem to be worth much but they were good machines in their hey day.....

Reply to
Marty Escarcega