Optical Compartor 101

An optical comparator followed me home from the auction. Its a Scherr Tumico model P-1500.

I don't know much about these units. So far, I've tried to measure a simple part and I can't seem to get a sharp focus on the edge. Much worse than at the auction, I think something jarred loose or slipped on the way home. Also, there's several adjust "thingies" that I have no clue as to their purpose.

The company is still in business and I just emailed them for a parts catalog and users manual.

Anyone know of other training materials for these units?

A few other pieces followed me home, but in general, auction prices are way up compared to the last few years. I've seen this at all six auctions I've attended this year. Maybe the economy is coming back.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend