Security Systems

And lo, it came about, that on Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:22:46 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking , Jon Anderson was inspired to utter:

Remember, those are "tamper resistant." Like locks, they keep out the honest and the lazy. (I also remember seeing some bolts with a head which sheared off when set. Really are "Just tighten it up till it breaks off, then back off a quarter turn")

You've got two basic sort of thieves: those who will try and finesse their way in (they buy all the "tamper resistant" drivers, etc.), and those who figure they can break in, grab the stuff and be gone before the cops arrive.

Given time, security fasteners aren't a problem. even the headless ones will grind off :-) Or I can always hook a cable from the grill to the back of a vehicle and just pull them off. Okay, I may need to get a bigger truck ...

toodles pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Thieves used a backhoe to rob a convenience store here this morning. They ripped an ATM out of the store and loaded it on a truck. They left the (stolen) backhoe behind.

The tragedy of this theft is that they crushed 100 cases of beer with the backhoe while they were ripping the ATM out of the store. Police have no suspects.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Tragedy? It was only that mainstream budmillercoors shit right? It was not like it was a good home made beer or anything.

Reply to
Jack Erbes

Why not just tack weld the heads to the frame after you screw them down? That'll make them "tamper proof" for anyone without an angle grinder or a torch. Your bars aren't tamper proof against the latter tools anyway.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Kitchen window is a LONG way from the 220 outlet. Yeah, I could beg, borrow, or maybe even rent a 110v wire welder, but the landlord will look upon bars much more favorably if I show him it can easily be removed with a special tool. Renting sucks really, there's a lot of things I'd like to do here but there's a limit to how much work I'm going to put into something that doesn't belong to me.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson