Setting a wagon tire

Or German Baptists (aka "Dunkers"). Their dress is almost identical to the Amish, the men have the same beards, and they typically work in the same occupations (chiefly farming, cabinetmaking, and teaching). Their theology is very similar to the Amish, except that they're more accepting of modern technology. They use electricity, telephones, cars, and tractors. They don't watch television or listen to the radio, and usually remove the stereos from their cars. (We used to live in a rural area of central Indiana, and had several German Baptist neighbors. They're fine people, kind, hard working, generous, and absolutely honest.)

Reply to
Doug Miller

Hmmm, I think there must be some Dunkers living in the South Bronx. Lots of stereos missing there.

RicodJour

I meant from _their own_ cars. ;-)

Reply to
Doug Miller

I'm coming in late and you've probably already solved the problem. But, if not, have you considered induction heating? No open flames, no smoke, and I know it can be done with small pieces (bearings, e.g.) with regular house current. Here's the relevant section from Wikipedia:

"Heating to fit" "Induction heating is often used to heat an item causing it to expand prior to fitting or assembly. Bearings are routinely heated in this way using mains frequency (50/60 Hz) and a laminated steel transformer type core passing through the centre of the bearing."

It might require a little research and initial expense. Both the engineering and the outlay might be beyond your reach. I know it is beyond mine.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank Warner

I'd love to find one. I have the book on the front bookshelf, next to Hatcher, Ayoob, Nonte, Keith, Clancy for fun, and the Brownells Gun Kinks books.

A copy for my PDA would be very nice. Nice fodder for chitter reading at work or waiting room reading. ;)

I've read Atlas Shrugged a few times, time to read Ross a second time. It might be a totally different read considering the time past.

Wes

Wes

"Frank Warner" wrote

You can also make your own oven in the garage. I have stacked up bricks to make an area as large as is needed, and put a piece of drywall on top of it. Use a hot plate or burner from a scavanged stove for the heat.

Reply to
Morgans

Amish is what they say they are. The family (extended) has bought an orchard and farm land in the area. I gather that they are an offshoot, they are using modern things to make profit and improve the farm and orchard.

Adapting to realities is how it was explained to me.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Ill find you a link to it.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

As it was explained to me, they couldn't use modern conveniences to make their lives easier, but business was business.

Reply to
krw

Check your gmail account.

Or does it need to go to another?

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Be sure to pass a certain file around to anyone you think may enjoy it.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

or waiting

Steve W.

work or waiting

big 404

Reply to
cavelamb

That is a real account. I don't think it made it though.

Thanks for trying,

Wes

Wes

Part of it was missing Sorry

Steve W.

Thanks for fixing that.

I had backtracked to the parent menu and tried it from there (correct URL) but also no go.

In the mean time, a wayward friend passed me a copy. (Thanks Guns)

Very interesting read. But after 60 pages, my eyes were so blurred I had to stop.

Tonight I'll move it over to my laptop and see how that goes.

So far, however, print rules...

Reply to
cavelamb

The whole thing is an actual email..and not a munged one?????

Ok...Ill send it along

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Once armed with the filename, I was able to find it on the net.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I was worried that clown would splash the LN on his hand.

This was interesting.

Wes