Shipload of nice welders in Chicago

Those who live near Chicago and are contemplating buying a welder,
consider this upcoming auction:

You may get a nice, like new welder for the price of a not so nice
welder at your local home improvement store. Auction prices are all
over the place, so possibly they will be too high, but there is a
chance that you can get something cheaply. My own expectation is that
there will not be amazing bargains in welders because they are so
obvious and there are so many. But who knows, I could be wrong or you
may need a welder and would not mind paying a fair used price
Ignoramus11945
That's quite a collection of stuff, how many jobs were shipped to some third world country?
Reply to
Pete C.
My guess would be about 100.
Ignoramus31989
Looking at another of the Bidspotter auctions:
No bids at $50 open for Powermatic DP:
Clausing 12 x 48 lathe (OK, it has a little rust) for $50:
Bridgeport for $140
And I'm always whining that there's no auctions near me (this one was 38 minutes away).
Question (for Iggy, I guess): I didn't see anything about inspection. Do these online auctions have inspection times or do you bid blind? Blind bidding would explain some of the dirt cheap prices. (Yeah, I know that there's a picture, but gimme a break.)
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt
Hell..buy one of those Lincoln 225s for me, $100-175, and Ill of course pay shipping to California, if not over $150..and toss in something for your trouble.
Gunner
One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Ask yer boy Barry.
Reply to