Shop flooring

I'll be moving to a new house soon, with a small workshop above the garage. The floor is currently just plain floorboards. I plan to be making chips with a small mill and lathe as well as performing various other tasks (electronics, carpentry, general "stuff"). I don't plan on using any nasty chemicals (ferric chloride for etching PCBs will be as bad as it gets). What kind of floor covering do people suggest? Lino? Rubber? Painted boards?

There is some very tough looking "carpet" in the kitchen which is to be removed, it has almost no pile (by design, it's not just worn). It's the free solution, which is always appealing :) Would this be OK?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton