Shop for small CNC project?

I'm thinking of having some rear sights made for a Colt 1911 pistol. I'm looking for a shop that can make a small run (maybe 10 or 20) initially and maybe more in the future. I can provide drawings and dimensions. Any recommendations? Phoenix area would be best but these are small parts so shipping isn't really a problem.

Thanks,

Dave Berryhill

Reply to
dberryhill

I know that I am just asking for trouble here. Make sure you tell who ever produces them that they are for a gun. The manufacturer of those has to register with the State Department, and pay $600.00 a year for the privilege of being a weapons manufacturer. Crazy world, no? Bert

Reply to
The Tagge's

I don't know where you came up with that info. They would not be a weapons manufacturer. First, making parts other than the receiver does not require a manufacturers license. Second, if they did want to manufacture the receiver then they would require a license from the BATF, not the State Department.

Dave Berryhill

Reply to
dberryhill

Email me the prints if you would. Blued? Stainless? In the white?

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Dave is absolutely correct. These are NOT "firearms"