Should I ebay a Starret #199 level? Bandsaw?

I have this Starrett #199 master precission level that I have no use for. There always seems to be a few on Ebay and they sell well. Any advice? Also, I have a "Johnson" bandsaw that can go but I don't know how it is measured. Max X-Y cut?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I (being British) have a Hilger and Watts Precision level that I have only used three times so far. My advice is that you should not get rid of yours. You might have no use for it now, but when you do, you won't be happy if you sold it.

This advice is worth what you paid for it :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I was thinking...I could borrow yours.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Internationally shipping a glass vial of ether surrounded by cast iron? I'd probably end up on indefinite holiday at Guantanamo Bay

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

The weather's nice!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Sounds interesting. They got a workshop I could use?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

As someone who has bought one on eBay, I would say on behalf of other potential buyers -- "Sell it!".

But -- as an owner of machine tools, I would say "Keep it!"

Is that a horizontal bandsaw, or a vertical one?

Horizontal would be maximum width below blade, and maximum height that the frame will clear as the blade finishes the cut.

Vertical would be distance between the blade and the column which houses and protects the return path of the blade -- and as a second dimension, the maximum thickness which could be cleared with the upper guide at its highest setting.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I think it faces east!