silver braze/ pin hole leak

also posted to sci.engr.joining.welding
I have some boiler piping that developed a pinhole leak in a BI fitting. I can gain access to the inside of the fitting (one end of a "T") but it would
require tons more work to remove it for replacement. The rest of the piping is a mix of copper w/sweat fittings and threaded BI. What I'd like to do is put a dab of silver braze (or other braze) on the pinhole from the inside. providing the fitting is not riddled with corrosion I was thinking the following.. drill the pinhole, clean it in & out , heat & flux & braze. I'm thinking silver braze (Harris 56%) because I have some (1/32") but I welcome any suggestions on filler type, flux & tech. I figure since the leak is in the pipe and not the boiler this should work ok, also many of the pipes are soldered so the braze should be plenty strong.
Thoughts & suggestions ?
Andrew
Hi, Andrew. I don't quite understand the problem. Is the leak in boiler tubing or is it in a fitting for the tubing?
If the leak is in the tubing, what material is the tubing that allows corrosion? I guess I would think about capping the leak using a method my father showed me years ago on a water pipe leak under the concrete driveway. Clean the area around the leak and put a saddle on the area and screw it together tightly. In my case, I had to also put a plug in the saddle connection.
In your case, can you make a saddle out of brass, cut it in two and then bolt it back together around the pipe? Sure would beat trying to fix it from the inside!
Let us know what works!
Paul
AndrewV wrote:

It is unusual to have one pinhole in an otherwise sound fitting.
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:14:47 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"