Simple lathe question

I saw your followup to this, but I thought I'd point out that you *can* get independant 3-jaw chucks, and universal 4-jaw chucks, so you can't

*always* assume that a 3-jaw is universal and a 4-jaw is independant.
Reply to
Mike Graham

Hello,

I have a question regarding the jawed lathe chucks. Do the 3 or 4 jaws moved together or do you have to adjust all 3 everytime you change work diameter? If they do not move together how would you make it true?

Thanks

Reply to
V8TR4

I somehow missed the previous post on 4 jaw chucks, and it seems to have answered my questions. Forgot to look before I leaped.

Reply to
V8TR4