Sintering PTFE foil

Gentelman,

Are plastic suitable for this group ?

Task for discuss before making. Scheme:

Goal: make PTFE foil as a sphere with good surface quality that means no scratches, any additional color (except native white) that would be a sign of degradation as a result of high temperature.

Any experience in plastic processing ? ______________________________________________________________________

Jack Zagaja - photographer, designer, programmer free photoshop plugins, photographic assistance opinions and much more ... snipped-for-privacy@poczta.onet.pl

Reply to
Jacek Zagaja

I have no clue how to do this. Others may, so I will drop out of this part of the exchange and watch what others offer.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Jacek

I've got a couple ideas but I can't see your design on:

error message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~jacek/temp/Metalworking/PTFE.pdf on this server. Apache/2.0.50 (Unix) PHP/5.0.2 Server at ucz.tme.szczecin.pl Port 80

I'm on a PC so that may be the problem, or it may have moved.

Jim

Reply to
Jim McGill

Jim,

The default setting is "600" for privileges. I always changing the status before sending my usenet messages. I've found that this changes sometimes doesn't work. At this moment I don't know why. Chekcked this file and now it seems to work.

Few comments to this task - PTFE foil should be sticked to the alumin (AlCu6%). I think that I will use a sandblast inside the sphere. Do you use Ra roughness index too ? I need a rough surface and with few layers of PTFE this can be a problem.

The questions is - do the PTFE remain its high optical properties after sintering: clear white, crystalline structure etc. - just how it looks compared to the raw material you buying?

Cheers, ______________________________________________________________________

Jack Zagaja - photographer, designer, programmer free photoshop plugins, photographic assistance opinions and much more ... snipped-for-privacy@poczta.onet.pl

Reply to
Jacek Zagaja

Jacek

I can see it now, and realized I completely misunderstood what you were doing. Too technical for me.

Sorry

Jim

Reply to
Jim McGill

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:17:04 +0200, Jacek Zagaja sometimes doesn't work. At this moment I don't know why. Chekcked this

Try sci.materials

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Boris Mohar