Size of cutoff blade for BXA tool holder

Teach me about cutoff blades. The slot in the BXA size holder measures 5/8" (actually 11/32") so it could take a 5/8 by 1/8 cutoff
tool, but it would be nice to use a narrower cutoff blade. What's the smallest size that can be used in the standard BXA size cutoff tool holder? Get the T type, tapered type or straight type of cutoff blade? What's a good place to buy cutoff blades?
RWL
the blade size is specified in the Aloris catalog that you can DL from their web site - 11/32nds sounds right - but check the catalog - if you have an import, your needs may vary
<GeoLane at PTD dot NET> wrote in message

Enco or MSC. Look for the parts for sale like you have and look for replacements.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
On 6/23/2010 9:27 PM, GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote:

<GeoLane at PTD dot NET> wrote in message

I just grind to whatever width I want. Cut-off is black magic, burry chicken guts during a full moon while burning black candles while chanting.

    Well ... I use a T-type blade in the BXA-sized holder by Phase-II. That blade is:
    11/16"x 1/8" x5" Cleveland Mo-Max M-33 Cobalt
and generally works well for me. (But a search by the MSC part number no longer finds it so I need to find another maker.
    Are you sure about your 11/32" measurement? That is rather tiny for a lathe large enough to use a BXA toolpost.

    I don't have a ready source for chicken guts, so I depend on luck. :-)
    Good Luck,         DoN.