Small hydraulic pump needed

My latest research project needs a small hydraulic pump, quite a bit smaller than a standard pump. Plan to drive it with a VFD/3phase motor. I'd like to get it running by next week so cheap and fast are the buzzwords.

General specs:

-3000+ psi

-1/6 gallon per minute

-decent duty cycle (run for several hours at a time)

-1750 rpm would be nice (direct drive off a 3 phase motor)

-cast iron case highly desirable (aluminum doesn't hold up well to the environment

-adjust the output by VFD speed control (trying to avoid a needle valve and bypass)

I could derate one of these units

I'd like to start with something smaller and with a cast iron case

Is there something from the vehicle area that might work better? Diesel injector pump? Power steering pump? Off the shelf commercial unit that I'm not finding???

Reply to
RoyJ

Try here:

"GC Series" looks very close @ .5 gpm 1800 rpm,cast.

Dave J.

Reply to
Mechanical Magic

Those would be my choices too. Note that not all pumps have bearings capable of pulley side loads, you need a pressure relief somewhere, and SAE Spline shafts are hard to connect to, I had to mill a broach. Keyed shafts and Lovejoy L095 couplers work well.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Reply to
RoyJ

Automotive PS pumps pump Way more than 1/6gpm, much less than 3000psi, and bypass all unless the steering is deflected. Diesel pumps, at least VW, pump 20+bar in pulses-no good for you prolly. The back end (second stage)of a Barnes log splitter pump will work, but you will need to deadhead the front end LP circuit to get it to shift. Output gpm will still be high without a bleed circuit. JR Dweller in the cellar

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
JR North