Small Welding Thingy!

OK, I'm not sure of the proper title for this particular machine but I've seen them around and I'm hoping you can give me the proper British name of the machine.

Usually bench mounted and small for a welding unit. And I've seen them used to weld small chain links or pieces of mesh, simply by the act of lining up the link or mesh and pressing down on the top briefly.

Have I dreamed this bit of kit or does it actually exist?

Reply to
TrailRat

them around and I'm hoping you can give me the proper British name of the machine.

weld small chain links or pieces of mesh, simply by the act of lining up the link or mesh and pressing down on the top briefly.

A spot welder possibly, I've got one similar to these

a bit shorter URL or

David Billington

seen them around and I'm hoping you can give me the proper British name of the machine.

to weld small chain links or pieces of mesh, simply by the act of lining up the link or mesh and pressing down on the top briefly.

Spot welder or "resistance" welder

Reply to
clare

them around and I'm hoping you can give me the proper British name of the machine.

weld small chain links or pieces of mesh, simply by the act of lining up the link or mesh and pressing down on the top briefly.

Possibly a PUK welder. They are made by a company called Lampert, see

name comes from the sound made when a weld is produced.

Reply to
lemel_man

Maybe google for battery tab spot welders - home brew & otherwise.

Reply to
Dennis

seen them around and I'm hoping you can give me the proper British name of the machine.

to weld small chain links or pieces of mesh, simply by the act of lining up the link or mesh and pressing down on the top briefly.

I'm glad it doesn't stand for Plutonium, Uranium, Potassium. That'd have a nasty welding character.

-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Resistance welder.

Steve