Source for 800-grit sandpaper

I've used scary-sharp method for years. I put half-sheets of wet-dry Si02 paper on 1/2" plate glass.

BUT, I can't find 800-grit paper (ANSI system, NOT FEMA; i.e. no "P" in front of the grit number). So I got a gap between 600- and

1000-grit.

Anybody have a source of 800-grit ANSI Si02 wet-dry sandpaper?

-Zz "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.

Zz Yzx

Try Autozone, PepBoys, O'Reily's or similar auto parts store. Most of them have a wide selection/range of very fine grit, to at least 2000P.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Or any automotive paint store.

Reply to
Leon

Some Aces have had it. They used to have crocus cloth as well, so what they stock changes. And that would be silicon carbide wet or dry, not SIO2. Even Home Despot has carried finer stuff in wet-or- dry, might worth a look.

If you need bulk, have a look at Amazon.

Me, I use diamond hone plates for sharpening stuff.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

I think mine came from Ace. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

I love diamond hones. I have a cone from Griz, a 6" EZElap 600, a 6" DMT 600, and a set of 2" paddles in 320, 600, and 1200 grit. They handle a diverse set of sharpening problems.

-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I always send our "scary sharp" customers to Klingspor abrasives...

Keep a sharp edge!

Tim Alisam Engineering Home of the Sharpening Sled TM Honing guide

Reply to
Tim
600 grit to 1000 grit is not too big of a step. I've never seen 800 grit.

Zz Yzx wrote:

Reply to
Larry Kraus

snipped-for-privacy@prolynx.com wrote in news:7e49a10e-74aa-4e46-a129-f8844efe70aa@

20g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Mcmaster Carr sells all sorts, going up to 2500. they sell 5 packs & 50's.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Larry Kraus wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: