Smart Car

If you look closely, you will see a smart car here:

Ignoramus18738

Not a smart car they only have 3 wheel nuts, that car has 5.

Reply to
David Billington

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 07:38:16 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus18738 scrawled the following:

It's a car; It's a purse; It's a little wagon; It's a coffin! Buy your multi-faceted Smart Car NOW!

-- Content thyself to be obscurely good. When vice prevails, and impious men bear sway, the post of honor is a private station. -- Joseph Addison, 'Cato'

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
RoyJ

the wheel and body look suspiciously like a toyota echo. Stealth Pilot

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

Hmm, all I see is a wad of tinfoil....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Also not a smart car-

click on it and look close, I see VW on the wheel.

Dave

Reply to
XR650L_Dave

It's a Honda. Started life as a 4 door!

Reply to
Steve W.

That looks like a Toyota logo. Maybe a Rav4? Not a lot of vehicles with rear mounted spares.

Reply to
Steve W.

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 07:38:16 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus18738 scrawled the following:

Man, what a way to waste an hour and lose a pint of tears in laughter...

Some of my faves were the Innocent box, Obama cue cards, wide-angle lenses, "dead peoples things for sale" sign, Little Ahnold with big Wilt and Andre, and the Pluto billboard.

-- Content thyself to be obscurely good. When vice prevails, and impious men bear sway, the post of honor is a private station. -- Joseph Addison, 'Cato'

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the three wheel nuts thing confirmed it.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

  1. We have 'em by the dozen here in NE NJ. The shock of seeing them has worn off for me. Now, they're just little go-carts-galore.
  2. When I put a new gas tank on my six cylinder Honda Valkyrie motorcycle a few months ago, I played with the idea of putting a Smart Car emblem on there instead of the stock Valkyrie emblem. Didn't do it, but hey... I thought it was funny.
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

They breed, given a favorable climate and enough food. Then they form herds. Soon, they will begin to mutate. The fear is they will eventually become immune to antibiotics.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

They apparently toss the things in the canals as a drinking game in Amsterdam. I thought this was a joke when I first heard it but apparently not.

I'm starting to see them here in LA which means there must be a bunch of them on the road.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I'll check that with Dutch friends I have in Holland and see if it's true. I would imagine that with the things that pissed up blokes do that in the past they would have been tipping French snails in the canal , ie Citroen 2CVs, as they must weigh about the same. Thinking now I have heard of similar with various light cars in the past, and a bit more thinking and I've been involved in such antics in the past myself.

BTW Smart for2 is 3 wheel nuts studs/wheel, for4 is 4 wheel nuts studs /wheel, at least here in the UK.

Reply to
David Billington

The one I saw had Ontario plates. That neighbor north and south of here.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Thrown clear vs. compacted... Some survival chance vs. coffin...

Reply to
Pete C.

I've passed a few of them here in TX as well. No shock, but pretty clear if one darted out from a side street in front on my 8500#+ truck it would get punted like a football and probably end up on someone's roof.

Reply to
Pete C.

Decent weather, no snow, I think I'd take my chances with the motorcycle. I could out brake, out accelerate, out steer, and fit through smaller gaps in the traffic ahead.

In the case of a collision, I'd rather be thrown from the bike rather than compacted in the 'smart' coffin.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

LOL What I find extremely humorous is a guy with a motorcycle calling anything "a death trap ".

Reply to
John R. Carroll