Soap and goo dispensers

I kinda like liquid handsoap, and keep pump-bottle dispensers for waterless hand cleaner and soap and lotion all by every sink.

Two peeves, though:

(1) I had a couple of nice polished-stainless bottles, but both developed a split (the side just burst open one day: bad weld, and unrelieved internal stresses). I've cleaned up the spills, but WHY can't I get a sturdy stainless bottle for that handsoap? Maybe I should remachine the tops of SS water bottles to take the pumps...

(2) waterless hand cleaner, both as a parts cleaner and for personal washing, is a key item, BUT it seems to mainly come in gel form (don't want to open a can while my hands are black), or with pumice (don't want THAT in any of my parts after a treatment). Is pump-able goop still available, and I just don't shop in the right place?

Reply to
whit3rd

NAPA Auto Parts sells GoJo in a big container that can be inverted and used with a pump . Bottom is a loose disc that follows the stuff down . Might be a gel in the can , but when it comes out the pump it's more semi-liquid . I like Lava soap for my hands . Helpd keep callouses tamed .

Reply to
Snag

I use Permatex "Fast Orange" Pumice hand cleaner in the 1/2 gallon pump bottle:

It works great.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Winston wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

And the 'smooth' version without the pumice would meet the OP's preference.

I've had the gallon size pump bottles of pumice formula wear out the pump less than half way through emptying the contents. Smooth formula has more advantages than pumice IMHO. Great for cleaning paintbrushes too.

Reply to
Charles U Farley

Right you are.

The smooth stuff must be very good then!

That'll be what I learned today.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

It's hard to beat regular dish soap as a hand cleaner and it can be pumped. Dish soap is a very powerful emulsifier. It just dissolves oil and grease and it isn't harmful to the skin. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

I much prefer the old powdered Boraxo soap for nearly every dirt I encounter. A little soap and lots of water; when the paste gets thick, add more water & scrub some more. I even bought an old powdered Boraxo dispenser at the flea market, but an empty "shaker (parmesan) cheese" container works as well, just don't leave it in the kitchen!

The only thing it doesn't do too well is thick grease or oil (think packing bearings or changing the crankcase oil, getting it all over your hands). In those cases I prefer the orange waterless stuff with pumice; I've used Permatex and Goop with equal results, but I think the pumice eventually screws up the pump before the gallon is used up. BTW, I still find the Goop at auto parts stores.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

My local Wal-Mart has Goop. It's the only thing I go for there.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Fast Orange is also a good mosquito repellent. Spread it on thin and it dries immediately. I can't tell I have it on me, but no more mosquito bites.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Dish soap is a very powerful emulsifier. It just

--What he said; I use Joy dish soap. It's also great for cleaning glasses if you wear 'em. Still I'd like to find a good source for a pump dispenser like thread originator is looking for..

Reply to
steamer

ed. Dish soap is a very powerful emulsifier. It just

Reply to
stans4

Dish soap is a very powerful emulsifier. It just

I have a bottle of Dawn dish soap, next to the big gallon of GoJo (pumice). What the GoJo wont remove..the Dawn will, and it leaves my hands, arms, neck and face all clean and smooth ...chuckle.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Dish soap is a very powerful emulsifier. It just

I have Dawn in a hand lotion dispenser in the "Men's" room Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller