Where to buy small metric counterbores

I am looking for small metric counterbores 3mm and smaller, MSC and McMaster only have 3mm and bigger. I can get custom made counterbore made to spec. but they cost too much, and min. qty.of 6 each. per size.

Thanks in advance for your help, Jack

Reply to
Jack Lai

Are you aware you can grind any drill bit, including Metric, flat on the tip and use it for counterboring? First, start the hole with a normal drill bit of the size you need, and then finish it with the flat bottom drill.

I learned this when I bought a set of letter drills at a machine shop auction and they were all ground flat on the bottom. Work like a charm for counter boring.

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

Without a pilot? It doesn't wander? If not, why not?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

-- Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee