Solar Power

I forgot to mention in 6 days of operation, our new solar panel system claims to have saved: Are you ready?

300# of Co2

If Al Gore is reading this a text message of applause would be nice.

Reply to
Stu Fields

Ted - what's the efficiency of your 6kw/Lister generator? Watt/hours per gallon or some figure along those lines. I would guess the Lister to produce about the highest available, but an actual number would handy.

Hul

Reply to
dbr

The 6kva 5 kw .8 power factor 1500rpm direct coupled 2 cyl startamatic set is from the 1970's. we use approx 3 imp gallons of standard diesel fuel every 7 days in the summer, The outback calls the gen set when the battery capacity drops from 100% to 75%. Weve set that figure so the cells are cycled the minimum amount. That extends their life almost indefinately. The outback charges the batteries at 45 amps for about 45 mins a day on average daily usage. The fridge freezer is A++ rated the highest available here in the EEC. Made by Bosch. The rest of the daily consumption is, water pumping, computers, and lighting,with thelow energy type bulbs. so our daily power consumption is really low. For my workshop power tho, that not included in the above. weve also a 20KW 240v single phase lister JP3 gen set circa 1942, a

12KW 3 phase Lister SR3 circa 1970.The latter was bought for £25.00 as siezed up. Freed the pistons with a block of wood and a lump hammer. A days work fixed that. Can get more information if this is not enough. ted.
Reply to
Ted Frater

Ted - what's the voltage range of your battery when its being charged?

Hul

Reply to
dbr