Solar Power

Something not noticed before. While checking on my PV solar system performance, I have been recording the SCE meter readings, so when I saw the meter reader come to the house, I waited until he left then went out and took my readings. Voila when the bill came the meter reading cited was quite a bit bigger than what I had seen. Further exam of the bill showed that the reading was "Estimated". SCE was contacted and they sent a reader out and we had a discussion. 1. If the reading submitted by the meter reader differs by much from the normal average, the computer can and oftens changes the numbers and labels it as "Estimated". Of course sooner or later everything comes out in the wash. Meantime SCE has my money to play with. 2. Excess power generated by my PV system is bought at the same rate that I pay.. However the lowest or tier one rate I think will be the rate selected. Won't know for awhile.

  1. SCE meter continues to run backwards most of the hours of the day and meter numbers continue to decrease.
Reply to
Stu Fields