Source for loose 3mm ball bearings needed

I can't seem to find loose 3mm balls, any ideas? I need to repack a linear truck.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That's about gerbil size, isn't it? You could raise some. They breed really fast.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

McMaster as always, search "bearing balls", catalog page 1124:

High-Precision Bearing Balls E52100 Alloy Steel? Bearing-quality chrome-finished steel balls are through-hardened. Rockwell hardness is C60-C67. Inch sizes conform to ASTM A295. Balls are Grade 25, with a diameter tolerance of ±0.0001" and a sphericity of 0.000025" (unless noted).

E52100 Alloy Steel? Metric Sizes Dia., Pkg. mm Qty. Per Pkg.

3 100 9292K33 5.94
Reply to
Pete C.

McMaster p/n 9292K33

If you're talking about an THK/IKO sort of linear bearing, those are often selective assemblies. Graded balls are used to set the preload and accomodate manufacturing variation in the rail and car.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Make sure the balls don't alternate in size. Sometimes you have a big/little/big/little/... arrangement.

Wes

Wes

If it's a really low-tolerance situation, bicycle shops should have 1/8" BBs in stock... grade 200, usually a couple bucks per hundred, maybe twice that for chrome steel grade 25.

Reply to
whit3rd