ISO Large Stewart Platform Positioner?

Bit of a long shot here.. anyone know of such a thing (as title) for sale or otherwise available within a few months -- able to digitally position up to maybe 10,000-40,000 lbs in all six degrees of freedom?

Accuracy requirements are not very stringent, mm not microns.

They look like this:

or this:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Trade name is hexapod.

for more info click on

The Soviet Union always went in for the big stuff, and more than likely there is a giant hexapod cnc machine setting in a Russian shop looking for a buyer or a job. One Russian/Soviet firm that I remember was LAPIK. [Lukhovitsy Aviaton Production and Testing Complex] which [I think] is now part of the RSK MIG company.

No guarantees but try here

Lukhovitsy Machine Building Plant (LMZ) Lukhovitsy, Moscow Region, Russia Tel/Fax: +7 09663 1 1376/+7 095 234 4313 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@mtu-net.ru

Looks like an interesting project. Need any help?

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

A little more digging indicates these are also know as

stewart platform mechanism also gough-=stewart platform

and

mechatronics

in different areas.

Try these URLS

Siberia-Mechatronics http://www.ici.ro/ici/revista/sic1999_1/art03.html

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

Building your own flight simulator ride?

Reply to
Pete C.

Check out the amusement park ride manufacturers, I saw this exact thing at one of their trade shows a few years back. Sorry I can't give you a more exact manufacturer.

edangell

Similar motion-wise, but speed is not a major requirement, and payload is probably a lot higher.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Thanks, George, I'll give them a shot.

Maybe. The team can do the inverse kinematics with their eyes closed, but might farm out some of the heavy mechanical work as it's a distraction.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 05:47:00 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Spehro Pefhany quickly quoth:

I know, I know! (Raises hand and waves vigorously)

It's a baby shaker!

-- Change is the process by which the future invades our lives. -- Alvin Toffler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No. its to shake all the change out of your pockets without you knowing it. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell