Source for steel in Hartford-Springfield?

Anybody have suggestions for a source in the Hartford, CT/Springfield, MA area for small quantities of carbon steel bar stock (say 30 feet of

3/16x1.5) and tool steel (say 3' of 1/2x1/2 W1)? Or am I as well off to order it from McMaster?
Reply to
J. Clarke

Is Southington too far a drive for you?

has a good reputation, but I haven't managed to make it over there yet.

Google maps says they're 20 minutes from Hartford, 50 minutes from Springfield. For me, more like 2 hours...

--Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford