Q: source for tapped steel bars

I'm looking for a source of steel flat bars with holes pre-drilled and tapped. When welded to a surface they provide an economical way to fasten components on to structure. For instance, an example might be a 1/2x 1 flat bar x 6" long with 2 or 3 3/8nc holes tapped through.

Although easy to make, they tend to be too expensive to make one or two at a time. We used to a have a source for such bars that made them for much less but the source is no longer available.

I expected to find them at McMaster Carr, but apparently not.

Reply to
Jon Juhlin

Dear Jon Juhlin:

close enough?