Spec 150 Hydraulic Oil Equivalent?

I need to know the commercial equivalent of a Spec 150 hydraulic oil. I have a cliker press to work on and was wondering if the same hydraulic oil used in forklifts would be ok. Thanks Steve

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Generally ISO visc grade number - e.g. ISO 150 is the same across vendors and uses. There are very specific versions however - low wear or such that might kick into another level of quality. Forklifts are in that higher level - high resistance to wear type - so for general use it would be just a bit better.

If you have it already - try some. If not - go to the local petrol dealer in town - you may have two or three - they provide oil and gas to the town or area. Mine close by - has oil there in 200 gallon containers of dozens of oils. They provide for many industries and an airport. Jet airplanes use different than a tractor....

But in general - if you mean 'cliker press' - a general purpose unit - and don't know specs needed and they don't really matter - then yes I'd try some of the same number - it might not have the needed additives. The oil guy is the expert. Expect to buy a 5 gallon can - but it sounds like you would use it.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

gtslabs wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.