Rob

Reply to
R.H.

#507: immersion heater #508: Wire stripper (to remove isolation)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

#503 is a portable deer stand climbing step. Unfold, screw into tree trunk. Put in the next one. Up you go. These fold up and fit in your pocket.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

#497 is an old blow torch.

Reply to
Karl Townsend
505 appears to be part of one of those old hand exercizer devices-- i.e., the grip enhancers.

506 is a wire crimper, isn't it? It looks like something I've seen phone technicians use.

502 looks like part of a mop attachment, which means it's probably part of a car engine :)

503 is one of Tom Delay's favorite toys. He's been looking all over for it and without it, no one listens to him any longer.

504 is an ear grabber extender. It's for elderly women who want to grab you by the ear but don't feel like getting up. It's got a button on the other side which extends it by three feet.

506 is an early (rejected) prototype for the soup ladle.

Reply to
Julie Waters
502 is used to split the jacket on romex type electrical cable. Used to be called a "cable ripper" not sure if that is still so.

503 is a screw in step for climbing into tree stands and such.

504 I know I've seen one of those in a catalog or someplace, but drawing a blank!

505 is the spring from one of those hand grip excerciser things.

506 is a wire stripper. The cutter jaws are spring loaded and self-adjusting for the size of wire.

507 is some sort of old wood workers scooper-outer tool. I imagine it is for some specific task, but I don't know what!

Reply to
alanganes

498 are those little things to hold windows in before the glaze is smeared on. Mike
Reply to
mj

I forgot 505 and 506:

505 looks like a spring from a clothes pin.

506 appears to be a wire stripper.

Mike

Reply to
mj
505 is part of a safety pin.
Reply to
Jonathan Wilson

504. Shoelace tightener 507. Bowl gouge for wood-lathe?
Reply to
sewiv

502. Romex stripper -- for slitting the cover on non-metallic electric cable. 503. Removable "step" for climbing into a tree stand. 504. no idea. Possibly a manual tension scale to measure force needed to move something? 505.

506. Wire stripper, used to strip multiple cunductor flat cables.

507. Made something similar for a reenactor. That one was for twisting rope.
Reply to
John Husvar

Umm, it's got a 7/8" inside diameter. That's a big safety pin.

Reply to
Mike Reed
502. Cable jacket stripper, usually for romex 505. Spring part of a large safety pin 507. ?Scorp? for hollowing wooden shapes.
Reply to
woodworker88

We want to be REALLY safe.

--julie

Reply to
Julie Waters

Like a cable tension checker, or something?

Well, held vertically it would just be a scale, as in for weighing things, like fish.

Reply to
sewiv

Yes, could be, but most of the fishing scales I've seen have a hook or ring on both ends. It looks much like the device my wife uses in her work to test the effort needed to open a door, for example.

She's an Independent Living Advocate, kind of an ADA enforcer. You know, like: "Hey, Louie, get current with your ADA compliance or we'll teach ya a little bit about disabilities. Know what I'm saying?" (OK, not really quite that bad.:)

She works for an Independent Living Center, which helps businesses and housing Property Managers figure out how to follow ADA Accessibility Guidelines as easily and cheaply as possible and on finding housing for folks who are in nursing homes, but who could live independently. (And much more cheaply for the government agencies paying the nursing home costs.)

Reply to
John Husvar

Guess that means it probably isn't a clothes pin either. LOL

Mike

Reply to
mj

Hey Rob,

My guesses:

501 Flaying tool, to cut blubber from whales or other animals.

502 Romex ripper, for cutting outer sheath, and has wire gage holes

503 Portable wooden structure "step", to screw in a pole or tree to climb

504 Tension gage, for wire or rope, or possibly even spokes

505 The spring for a clamp lamp or some other clamp-on device

506 Wire strippers, for finer gages, with adjustable strip length setting

507 Not sure at all, but possibly along with other like tools is used in flaying bones??

Keep up the good work! Where do you post the "correct answers", and when?

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson
502. Romex stripper 503. Tree/pole step 504. twisting tool 505. hand exerciser 506. wire stripper

DanG