What is it? XCII

Another set has just been posted:

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Looks like I get first crack at them this week. A first for me.

  1. A press of some sort. Fruit?
  2. Closing joint of a ring in a 3 ring notebook
  3. Moisture meter for potted plants.
  4. ??
  5. Trigger pumped oil can.
  6. Boot hook for pulling them on.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher
527: Ye Old Fashionde Cider Press 528: Ye New Fangled 3-ring binder 529: ? 530: ? 531: Something the Tin Man would have loved to have. 532: ?

-humunculus

Reply to
humunculus

Maybe a refractometer?

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

The first is a lard press

Reply to
Kevin

A refractometer is an optical device, not electronic. It refracts light through water and a prism to give a reading on an internal scale. Use one all the time for the salt water tank. However, it could be an electronic PH, temp, salinity, redux, or ?? meter. Not a brand name I'm familiar with for aquarium use, so I think its use and purpose is elsewhere.

Reply to
Bill B

I think 3 is a battery cell tester for the old type car battries.

Reply to
todd

527 I think Kevin is right - lard press. 528 yup, binder ring joint 529 Cheeks by Hanna: a low-rent proctologist's instrument 530 insulation stripper for heavy electrical cable? 531 gorgeous oil can; I want one! 532 companion to 529
Reply to
Fred R

Naw, it's gotta be a large animal vet's rectal thermometer.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

not a refractometer, that's for sure.

Reply to
Chas12

#527 looks like a cheese press

#529 Some sort of digital thermometer?

#531 Oil can?

Reply to
Barbara Bailey

527 - Grape press for wine making 528 - Chain link guide 529 - Digital thermometer 530 - ??? (nut cracker?) 531 - Oil pump to lubricate your lathe and stuff 532 - Lifting bails of hay and cotton 521 - Victorola needle to pick up sound from records, can be used to make wax recordings also. 522 - Grinding wheel dressing tool 523 - Cope on a cope and drag tool for casting 524 - The tool you use to insert rubber trim into extruded frames for screen doors to hold screen in place. 525 - Height adjuster for the upside-down leg 526 - Looks like something used on an overhead conveyor to carry something through a process... maybe at a slaughter house?
Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

According to todd :

You mean #529? I don't think so, because it appears to have an LCD readout, and those aren't old enough to go with the old batteries.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

#3 is a hanna either ph meter or TDS Meter (Total Disolved Solids) for water testing

Reply to
Mike

I would have called it a squeezer for pork cracklings. (Same thing, just coming from a different place . . )

-rick-

Reply to
Rick Lones

527 A lard press 528 ? 529 looks familar but ? 530 ? 531 An oil can 532 ? ...lew...
Reply to
Lew Hartswick

That's a Hanna pH meter. We use them at work. Dan

Reply to
Dan Kratville

That's right

Abrasha

It is an early prototype of the Orgasmatron 660.

Reply to
Matt Zack

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in news:n00mf.247466$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Otherwise known as a spline tool. I just wore mine out, literally, courtesy of hurricane Wilma. I would not have thought something that simple could wear out.

John

Reply to
John McCoy