439. Some kind of sensor (perhaps for burglar allarms?)
Reply to
Jonathan Wilson

#438: this is for making shingles 100% #439: PIR-sensor? #441: dinosaurus back scraper

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller
438 is a Froe for cutting wood shingles.
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

#437: the head of a galvanized roofing nail #438: a froe #439: one of the early iPod prototypes #441: I recall a mower that was advertized in the back of Popular Science years ago that I think was called the Manta (or something close). This may be an early incarnation of that device.

yours, Michael

Reply to
Michael Houghton

No. 437 looks like a golf tee

Reply to
eag111

#436 A representation of the scales of 'in-justice'. The large ball represents the 'establishment' while the small ball represents the poor 'man in the street'.

#437 A golf tee viewed end on.

#438 An adze?

#439 It's either a night light or a photographer's light meter.

#440 Hmmmm..........part of a spray gun of some sort?

#441 Either a device for making 'furrows' for seed planting or an early 'lawn edger'.

Posted from r.c.m.

Reply to
Larry Green

Could 436 be some purpose-built, go/no-go hardness tester?

Reply to
Fred R

The "Mutilator", of "Do not fold, spindle or mutilate".

"Really Mean" brand toilet paper.

Froe.

Nightlight.

Russian rectal thermometer.

Wheel dresser for a belt sander.

John

Reply to
JohnM

436. A punch-like device for making indentations in metal. The big weight is used for harder metals, the small weight for softer metals. 437. Golf tee. 438. Wood splitter. 439. Motion detector 440. Device for spraying water on plants. 441. Weeding/mowing device. Carl G.
Reply to
Carl G.

437. golf tee

438. froe

440. pump for old gas lamps

Don

Reply to
Don Murray

438. A froe 439. Photocell

From RCM

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

#438 Froe for shingles #439 PIR detector. Usually they have a fresnel lense. Is this one 360 degrees? #440 Piston from hand pump of some kind. The grooves are for o-rings?

Reply to
woodworker88

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again. My news feed is down, so I'm posting via a different path, and we'll see whether it makes it through.

436) Hmm ... the spheres appear to be set up to spin on the sharp lower point, with the upper shank held between the palms to spin it. I keep thinking of something to do with static electricity experiments -- but that is purely a guess. 437) It looks like the end of a golf tee which should contact the ball. 438) I think that is called a Mattock.

439) A doorbell button --- probably illuminated for ease of use in the dark.

440) At a guess, I would say the plunger out of an air rifle, either BB or pellet. That part to the left looks like a trigger.

441) An interesting form of pull-behind weed or grass cutter. It probably takes two or three passes to get most of the grass. It would do an interesting job of cutting off the weed or grass when the two interlocked rollers overlap.

Now to try to post it, and then to see what others have posted.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
436 are precision standards. Standard Lighting rod balls and needles.

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

R.H. wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

436 - Faraday charge instruction devices used to demonstrate the electrical charge from static charges. 437 - Golf Tee 438 - Froe (used to split wood with the grain as in making shingles. 439 - IR motion detector for an alarm/fire system 440 - Spray nozzle 441 - pull type grass trimmer.
Reply to
Steve W.

Yes, the answer page has a link to more specs on it.

The grooves aren't for o-rings.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

My guess for these was either lightning rod tips that have been made into an office decoration or as others have stated, apparatus for some type of electrical experiments. I been doing some searching and haven't yet found anything like them.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Wooden shingles are sawn, not split. Shakes are split. See

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam