Specs for Stanley 38 1/2 level?

Does anyone know the accuracy specs for the Stanley 38 1/2 machinist's level? I was going to borrow a friend's to level my lathe, but I don't know how precise it is.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Iffen ya don't know the spec then find a level surface, read the bubble then slip a known shim under one end and read the bubble again. Should be able to get in the ball park of how sensitive the tool is. If a .001" shim pegs the bubble your in good shape. If a .005" shim only gets you 1 division you probably ought to keep looking. This is assuming the level is at least

Reply to
larry g