Squaring a chiock

Years ago when I worked in a shipyard we use to make chocks to align machinery. One surface was milled flat and te other surface was mill so that thick chock could be installed to align the machine. This was 40 years ago. I need to make a chock to tram a machine. For the life of me I don't remember how to do the math to square the chock.

if the readings were

1 2

1.5 4

how would you square the chock so that it could mbe milled.

Reply to
Dan Mauch

Hey Dan, cant get my head around what your trying to do - (send me a sketch? - if necessary, will take it into school and get the instructors to tell me) the way I was taught was to mill flat one face, use it as a datum reference, and work out everything from that. I imagine there would be some trigonometry involved, but even a mathematically challenged idiot such as I can do it with a modern $20 calculator with trig functions.... BTW - checked out your website - you made mention of a PCB milling machine - hows that going, I would love to build one of them (after my steam engine, which I think is the metalworking equivalent of the crystal set in electronics....) Been looking at CNC projects, seems like a fair bit of precision machining, or buying precision linear bearings etc - the electronics is no real problem. Andrew VK3BFA.

"real engineers dont cut slots"

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA