100 Years Ago Today in Aviation History

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/17/MNDK1H97FO.DTL

"> The USN is painting up jets in celebration...this is just one (cool)

Looks like they're doing aircraft in paint shemes from different eras - like an F-18 in Korean War paint scheme.
Val Kraut
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:06:32 -0500, rfranklin wrote:

Not exactly a T-45 of course, but there are plenty of Bae Hawk kits in 1/48 out there. Should be possible to convert one into the other, they're not that different externally.
Rob
Rob van Riel wrote:

Actually, Revell Germany are releasing a 1/32 Hawk -
<http://www.revell.de/index.php?id 3&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP&KGSCHL=1&L=1&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=hawk&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSIDq62e101d747214510ba6170cc03b417&KZSLPG=&offset=5&cmd=show&ARARTN284&sp=1>
Even in 1/32, it will be a small model. It's a small jet.
A Hawk and a T-45A or C are subtly but notably *very* different...slatted wing, different wing shape (it's a completely different wing, actually), Navalized landing gear, nose landing gear doors (the forward ones on a T-45 are *huge*), stab tip extensions, stab strakes, speed brakes, single ventral fin, totally different cockpit panels, NACES seats, tail hook, dorsal mounted RAT...and that's just off the top of my head...
--
- Rufus

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:42:07 -0800, Rufus wrote:

Hmmm, sounds like I'd better do some more homework on this subject. Some of these will be pretty much invisible in my usual 1/72 scale, and some easily replaced, but there's also some major rework on that list of yours..
Rob
Rob van Riel wrote:

Yeah...it's not really a simple conversion. I hope RoG brings out a properly done 1/32 T-45 sometime.
--
- Rufus