"3 Laws Unsafe" by the Singularity Institute

"3 Laws Unsafe" will be a website campaign from the Singularity
Institute for Artificial Intelligence. The campaign will tie in to the
July 16th release of "I, Robot," the feature film based on Isaac
Asimov's short story collection of the same name where his 3 Laws of
Robotics were first introduced.
The 3 Laws of Robotics represent a popular view of how to construct
moral AI, and their failures were often explored by Isaac Asimov in
his stories. What we hope to do is advance the Asimov tradition of
deconstructing the 3 Laws. We want to encourage critical, technical
thinking on whether they're real solutions to moral AI creation.
If you can contribute to the success of "3 Laws Unsafe," please reply
to my email or email snipped-for-privacy@singinst.org. The Singularity Institute
is especially looking for graphic and site designers who can create
the site with Moveable Type (or something similar), promoters who can
help ensure that it has a high search engine ranking for keyword
combinations related to the film, and writers who can help create
content.
This project is urgent because of the film's early July release. Our
deepest thanks to everyone who can contribute to its success.
3 Laws Unsafe >

Where Help is Needed >

Christian Rovner
Volunteer Coordinator

Subscribe to our free eBulletin for research and advocacy news:

Christian Rovner
[snip]
You smell that? Do you smell that? A Hollywood stealth marketing campaign, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of a good marketing campaign in the morning. Smells like... money.
Reply to
The Artist Formerly Known as K
Noooo... don't think so. Looks like just an attempt to boost their page ranking for the "Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence".
An article on SIAI at
Rich Webb