"3 Laws Unsafe" by the Singularity Institute

"3 Laws Unsafe" will be a website campaign from the Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence. The campaign will tie in to the
July 16th release of "I, Robot," the feature film based on Isaac Asimov's short story collection of the same name where his 3 Laws of Robotics were first introduced.
The 3 Laws of Robotics represent a popular view of how to construct moral AI, and their failures were often explored by Isaac Asimov in his stories. What we hope to do is advance the Asimov tradition of deconstructing the 3 Laws. We want to encourage critical, technical thinking on whether they're real solutions to moral AI creation.
If you can contribute to the success of "3 Laws Unsafe," please reply to my email or email snipped-for-privacy@singinst.org. The Singularity Institute is especially looking for graphic and site designers who can create the site with Moveable Type (or something similar), promoters who can help ensure that it has a high search engine ranking for keyword combinations related to the film, and writers who can help create content.
This project is urgent because of the film's early July release. Our deepest thanks to everyone who can contribute to its success.
3 Laws Unsafe > http://www.singinst.org/asimovlaws.html
Where Help is Needed > http://www.singinst.org/action/opportunities.html
-- Christian Rovner Volunteer Coordinator Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence http://www.singinst.org /
-- Subscribe to our free eBulletin for research and advocacy news: http://www.singinst.org/news/subscribe.html
Christian Rovner wrote:

[snip]
You smell that? Do you smell that? A Hollywood stealth marketing campaign, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of a good marketing campaign in the morning. Smells like... money.
--
(reply to mikey at swampgas dot com -- ignore the spamtrap Reply-To)

On Sun, 09 May 2004 12:30:41 -0500, The Artist Formerly Known as Kap'n

Noooo... don't think so. Looks like just an attempt to boost their page ranking for the "Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence".
An article on SIAI at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2004/01/11/LVG1J459UE1.DTL
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA