It had to happen ... Blind U.C. Berkeley student sues Target Website

Ya know ... eventually a blind person is going to sue NASA or an airlines, because they won't let that person be a pilot.

Well is is the story -

lunarlos

I could be wrong, but I believe that is how a presidence is set. Looking at the court system once a presidenc is set that follows as law until it is overturned by a higher court, and appeals come into play until it reaches the highest court which, when it chooses to hear a case, will render a decision which validates the laws in question.

It's all part of the American process, it's the Constitution and the checks and balances of the three branches of government as written. Because of issues which become presidence, all later lawsuits will be judged as with merit, or without and thrown out.

This is America.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Where is it writen in the constitution that a website should be 'visually impaired' friendly? See this is what is wrong with the system. Everyone feels that they are entitled to something.

This suit should be thrown out. What is NOT being stated is that there are software solutions for blind surfers. One software browser that comes to mind is called, Lynx. Lynx is a text web browser that can be linked to a voice output program. I also just checked (there I go verifying again) the Target.com website. They do have their alternate tags ACTIVE, and I used Lynx surf their site.

Basically the suit is BS as is a great percentage of lawsuits that are raised in this Amerika. Buts is fun to watch and bicker over, so it must be a good thing ... right Ted?

I am just waiting for that 'Blind Pilot' suit to be raised ... then I will know the 'second coming' is upon us!

Reply to
lunarlos

Well now, I'm going to guess it's the interpretation of the ADA (there are numbers involved) and that interpretation takes place in court when it is challenged. Whether anyone likes it or not law is law and it's present interpretation becomes the presidence.

If it is without merit it will be thrown out, not because someone doesn't like it.

I'd love to sit and chat, but I've got to get ready for tomorrow's launch.

Have fun.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Goog luck with the launch!!!

Reply to
lunarlos

Yes, as should the ADA.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

I doubt this person really cares about access to the Target website. They probably just want the publicity and the possibility that some wacko judge/jury agrees or Target settles out of court.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert