Japanese Aircraft Colours

So having decided on the tan for the airfield truck, my next quest is for an FS guess on the light grey found on early wartime IJN aircraft. I
have a Pantone number but it doesn't help me much. Does anyone have documented crossmatches with FS?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
On 20/01/2011 4:38 PM, Mad Modeller wrote:

Hi Bill, try here.
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_japan.htm
It might be of some help. If I was you, I wouldn't get too stressed about the exact match, as who's to say what's exact after 70-odd years? And the FS colours weren't used by the IJN anyway. :D
RobG (The Aussie one)

Testors has an Imperial Japanese Navy Gray in their military aircraft enamel line.

And I wonder if a short trip through my paint collection wouldn't turn it up. Thanks for the tip.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Duh! I plead temporary insanity. I don't think I had that bookmark on this computer. It is on the old one but that's not online anymore. I try not to be anal about shades of colours. Very few experts are going to see my stuff anyway.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Mad Modeller wrote the following:

But, you will! :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 1/21/2011 9:57 AM, willshak wrote:> Mad Modeller wrote the following:

bookmark on

experts are

Yeah, but I'm no expert. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.