US Army Command Vehicle ?

there was some other vehicle besides the jeep used by officers. I saw one picture, can't remember where, but from the front it appeared to
have oversized knobby tires. Not much to go on, but I figured you guys would know.
I like the look of the oversize tires - hoping there is a kit.
thx -Craig
Try looking for a Dodge WC30 (I think). I know somebody had one out during the '80s but AFVs aren't my field.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Musicman59 wrote the following:

I have the Dodge 3/4 ton Command Car in 1/35. It was made by Peerless back in the late 70s, early 80s, I think. I don't know if there is a repop, but other Peerless models have been issued by other mfgs. I have scanned the box and posted it over on alt.binaries.models.scale. Peerless Dodge Command Car Sorry, the box has seen better days.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote the following:

By the way, it was called a 'Beep'. eBay has a few. http://cgi.ebay.com/Testors-Italeri-Dodge-WC-56-staff-car-1-35th-scale-/200563832492
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

thx that looks like the one. $23 with shipping for the ebay auction. I may take the dive.
Craig

There is a much superior kit of the same vehicle, originally made by a company called Skybow, AFV Club now has the molds and releases it under their name. Either boxing can be found on eBay or various online shops. Light years ahead of the old Peerless Max/Testors/Italeri kit.
The newer Skybow (now back under the AFV Club aegis) kit is of the WC-56/57 vehicle and is much better than the old Peerless one. With some resin wheels and etched brass the older kit can be made up into a nice model, but ditch the kit decals!
Cookie Sewell

Actually the WC-51/52 standard model 3/4 ton truck was the "Beep" (as in Big jEEP).
Cookie Sewell