SR44 batteries

Several years ago I read an article a gentleman had written explaining the benefits of the SR 44 batteries over the LR 44 ones.

Ever since then, when I have tried to buy SR 44 batteries, the AD describes them as equivalent to about 4 other batteries.

Is there a reputable source that sells REAL SR44 batteries?

TIA.

Lewis

*****
Reply to
limeylew

How bout this outfit:

I have no affiliation, or further knowledge of this site.... I just now Googled 'SR44' and up it popped. There were a lot of other hits as well.

Good Luck!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

The thing to look for is "silver oxide" in the description . LR's are NiCad , SR's are S/O . They can last up to 5X over LR's , but the voltage is slightly lower .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

benefits of the SR 44 batteries over the LR 44 ones.

them as equivalent to about 4 other batteries.

Ebay has them. But be careful of what you buy. Zoom the photos in the ads. Some vendors (China mostly) advertise SRs but are actually selling LRs

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Thanks!! Good site!! Decent prices!! And they dont try to f*ck you on shipping!

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

LR batteries are Alkaline, not NiCad.

The alkaline LR44 is also known by the following type numbers:

LR44, LR44G, LR44GD, LR44H LR1154, L1154, L1154C, L1154F, L1154G, L1154H

6135-99-792-8475 (NSN) 1166A AG13, A613, AG14, AG-14, G13A, G13-A 157 A76, GDA76, GP76A, GPA7, GPA75, GPA76, GPS76A, 1128MP, 208-904, A-76, CA18, CA19, CR44, D76A, KA, KA76, MS76H, PX76A, PX675A, RPX675, RW82, SB-F9, V13GA
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell