Stapling question

I have a DeWalt air powered stapler. Not a very big one, I'd have to go out in the shop and get the number, but I would estimate the staples to be about

1/4" wide, maybe a little less if they are rated on a ga. system. They are crown.

Can I use flat staples in it? Those that have a top made of right angles? I need to staple some fabric to the plywood of a boat seat, and want it to be flat without having to pound them in, and perhaps have them tear more of a hole in the fabric than they already do. I do have a couple of Arrow staplers if I need to go to those, and they have the right angle staples, but air is so much easier.

Can I get the other shape of staples in the same size, and will they work in it? Do they make the two shapes?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

The striker is shaped to fit the top of the staple.

If you can get another striker to install in the air stapler, that should work. However trying to drive the flat-topped staples with a striker designed to fit the crowned staples, you will have a serious problem.

You don't mention the model number -- but what I would suggest that you do is to download the manual from DeWalt and see whether alternate strikers are available -- and for that matter, whether they are easy to interchange.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols