Star mill

I met a guy with a Star mill for sale made by I think, Nantong in China. Anyone have any experience using or repairing, like are parts available. Would it be ok for non production type of work.

Thanks,

Fred

Reply to
Fred

Chinese/Taiwanese mills are somewhat problematic finding parts (not just mills..all machine tools). They actually are made only in a few different factories, but are bought by the job lot by various importers, and rebadged. Often painted to order.

There are a few sources for these parts..but they are hard to find, and take time getting them to ID the parts and who made them. Often times if time is against you..its better to make your own replacement parts, or modify something.

Im working on making up a list of sources for import parts, and will have it (partially) done in the next couple months. Its been a long hard road so far.

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her t*ts" John Griffin

Reply to
Gunner