Steel Jewelry

The wife's cutlery drawer left 13 years ago with the wife.

-- Bill Browne

Bill Browne

Well, at least you won't be getting any rusty fingers!

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Think of rust as tiny daggers. Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

You can try nickel - but some are sensitive to it so I hear. It looses it magnetic magic when very hot. The finger won't be on it and it returns instantly when cooling.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Bill; You could take 304 (not attracted by a magnet in its annealed state) and machine it into a ring. Then press it (lots of pressure) to work harden it - it will then be attracted by a magnet (slightly - but noticably). Or you could surface finish it with a ball peen hammer and harden it that way. Bring on the magnet. Jim

Reply to
JAMES RISER

And probably has the extra cash to buy whatever exact alloy he wants.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Only if you staple it closed

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

There are several handgun safety interlock systems that require the shooter to be wearing a magnetic ring before the handgun will fire.

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

I have a buddy who rusts everything he touches. He has to buy stainless steel firearms for this reason, and when ever he handles one of mine, I have to immediately wipe it down after he leaves.

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

I think many folks show skin sensitivity to nickel. My eyeglass frames are covered in shrink tubing, and whenever it cracks and comes loose, I always wind up with an itchy, raw spot where the metal touches my ear. I think this is a nickel allergy.

Same think with the wife and any plated metal watchband.

Jim

jim rozen

Ever the optimist, eh, Spiro?

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Sorry, make that Spehro!

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Don't forget that not all SST is non-magnetic. Also, other alloys that look like SST are not magnetic.

mj

Reply to
michael