Waste oil heater

Can anyone remember the url for the Little Dragon heater plans. I thought that I had seen them here and bookmarked them, but now I can't find them. The only site that Google comes up with is dead.

-- Larry Bailey Illegitimi non carborundum

Reply to
LBailey

When I was a kid in the '50's, probably 1/4 of the filling stations heated the office with a wood stove running off waste oil. They would put rocks in the stove, and drip oil from a copper tube on the rocks. To light it off, they would use a wad of newspaper. There would be a little black smoke coming from the chimney, not too bad. I don't remember a significant smell of oil burning in the office. The rocks would heat up and vaporize the oil to enable the combustion process. Don't use limestone, use something more refractory, like the pumice stone they sell at the plant places.

brownnsharp

Reply to
brownnsharp

Probably not the same one but here is a link to the Mother Earth News waste oil heater plan.

No big trick to it. Drip the oil on something hot...

Mike

Reply to
michaeltcooper

Michael, That link to the Mother Earth article was very informative. Thanks for posting it. I am planning a new garage/workshop right now and this may be a great way to heat it. Dennis

Gunluvver2