Stick cable for Lincoln TIG 185

I just got myself a Lincoln Precision TIG 185 welder. It came with a TIG torch in the package. I thought I would run out locally and get a stick cable that I could use on it. Seems nobody stocks it. So then, I thought I could find one on eBay, but I don't see any listed.

The Lincoln accessory part number is K2374-1.

Does anybody know a good place to buy online or a source for the proper connector to build my own?

Reply to
xray

Can't get a Lincoln dealer to order it for you?

John

Reply to
JohnM

And, on second thought, you could open the case and bring out a pigtail with a tweco connector for stick work..

John

Reply to
JohnM

sells them for $50. Just put K2374 in the search field on the left side. Congratulations on the Precision 185!

Reply to
AL

Thanks, I did find them while searching. Planned to call on monday to see if they stock them (how long it will actually take to get one).

One local vendor told me I could get it in about a weeks time but I figured online would be cheaper if I had to wait to get it. Just was surprized at at the rather unavailability of this item.

One local vendor had parts that he was trying to assemble to make a cable. He had an adapter that plugged fine into the TIG 185, but the more common connector didn't seem to mate reliably into this adapter.

Glad he did the work of testing in the store, rather than selling me stuff to bring home and find it didn't really play. I'll put that store at the top of my list for future purchases. They also seem to have the best local rate for argon refills.

Reply to
xray

Yes, thanks.

I found myself bidding on Miller XMT 304, but they seemed to be going for near $1k with nothing else. I decided to spend a little more and get a new device with warranty and torch and foot pedal.

I haven't struck an arc yet, but last night I plugged it into my dryer plug in the garage. I banged the big on switch, listened to the initial fan noise, and then the basic hum of a big tool ready to go. Uhhmm, uhhm uhhmm, (insert your Tim-the-tool-man noise here).

Reply to
xray

See my other messages about circuit breakers to see where I am heading. Soon I will be ready to melt metal.

Reply to
xray