strange tool

A friend gave me a bunch of old automotive tools. I knew what most of them were but this one stumps me. Any ideas? I'd like to sell these tools on Craigslist. Engineman

engineman

Karl Townsend

The JavaScript for this page failed to load correctly. Art

Reply to
Artemus

"engineman"

private site, password required

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Talk about a mystery tool ..................

Reply to
Steve B

Shutterfly sucks,sorry for the trouble try this:

Engineman

Reply to
engineman

Shutterfly sucks,sorry for the trouble try this:

engineman

Shutterfly sucks,sorry for the trouble try this:

Engineman

How about sending the pics to sunnen.com and ask them? Art

Reply to
Artemus

Same trouble.

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

1) The site wants JavaScript to be enabled (just for a picture)? 2) Once it is enabled, it wants a site password which you supposedly gave us. :-)

Two strikes -- you're out.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

O.K. I don't recognize it - -but the Sunnen brand suggests that it is related to their bore honing machines -- perhaps for installing honeing stones in the hones?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Unable to process request.

part of your address is missing.

Winston_Smith

The link worked for me earlier, but not now.

Reply to
Dennis

Shutterfly sucks,sorry for the trouble try this:

Engineman

This link worked for me. The one posted a bit later is missing the last part: 2Q6aiGiQE

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Could it be a valve lifter compressor?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

No chance. They have curved jaws to hold the spring and washer.

Personally, I think it's one of those women's toe compressors which prep the foot, allowing them to get their toes into those pointyass shoes they like to wear.

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Perhaps some kind of fence tensioner? Rob H. has lots of them...;>)}

Reply to
Phil Kangas

A friend gave me a bunch of old automotive tools. I knew what most of them were but this one stumps me. Any ideas? I'd like to sell these tools on Craigslist. Engineman

It looks a lot like tools we used to use to compress springs on the rear shock absorbers of older motorcycles.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve

I think you're pretty close on that. Granddaddy had a pair of those in his garage when my sister cleaned it out. He was a mechanic. They were rusted up worse than that so they went for scrap and I didn't get a close look, one day they were there, the next time I looked, gone. Ignoring the Sunnen connection, I don't think they always built just honing equipment, how about clamps for assembling/dismantling leaf spring bundles? Don't know for sure, but the ones I saw had just about spacing enough to manage that.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

To break the bead on a tire?