Strength of tubing?

Can anyone tell me the safe working load and/or failure point of some
rectangular tubing, or point me to a web page? Both sticks sit on the
2" face. It is for a utility trailer.
2"x4"x0.120" at 144" long, anchored in the middle, how much weight at
the ends.
2"x3"x0.120" at 72" anchored at the ends
Thanks!
remove REMOVE to email
Reply to
CROQ
A pretty good site that has beam bending calculators as well as the section properties calculators is
You need to include factor of safety of at least 4. (Over design so that the maximum stress in the outer fibers of the beam is 1/4 or less of the tensile strength of the material the beam is made of .
CROQ wrote:
Reply to
nic
Just what I needed, thanks. C