Supplier of plastic block for a mockup

I have a project in mind that I would like to machine in aluminum but I would like to mockup with plastic. Can anyone recommend a supplier? Need a block approx 15" X 6" X 3".

Thanks

Reply to
jim n judy

"jim n judy" wrote: (clip) Need a block approx 15" X 6" X 3". ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I buy all my plastic from TAP, who have a store in my neighborhood. The stuff in their scrap bin that is sold cheaply by the pound. Frequently, if it's a small amount, they just give it to me. You won't find a piece that size in their scrap, and possibly not in the whole store, but it is very easy to cement Lucite (or Plexiglass.) You may be able to save material and machining by gluing up some scraps and then finishing to final size and shape.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Check Mcmaster.com

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Here' machinable wax but it isn't cheap.

Maybe glue up some wood 2" x 4"s? RR

Reply to
Randy Replogle

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

"Where are you? In Seattle,"

No I am in NE Ohio but thanks for the tip. Will check them out.

Reply to
jim n judy

Pattern makers used pine and maple among others. I've seen some complex prototypes milled out of glued particle board. Currently I'm milling one-offs for testing out of scraps of thick Plexiglas.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins