Survivalist question

Also, black powder is made a little less immune to short-duration sparks by being tumbled in graphite - this done to improve its resistance to humidity.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I saw an example of a 'match lock' that was made from parts from a zippo lighter. It was simple & reliable and most people thought it was a flintlock.

Reply to
Nick Hull

No, it was a land line. I have DSL, so I can stay on hold and read rcm. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

I'll stick with my long bow.

Reply to
cavelamb

Actually its the little bits of iron from the frizzen that burn & spark, not the flint.

Tony

. The flintlock works because little bits of incandescent

Reply to
Tony

Yeh, that movie is one of my all time favorites. It's pure fantasy though, for me anyway. I probably have about as much likelihood of living out in the wilderness as I do of piloting a starship to another galaxy.

Drew

Reply to
drewsnews