360 rings

Anyone have any idea where I can get a ring that has the 360 degrees marked on it? I need one to make a miter base. It needs to be about 12" in diameter, and if made out of metal, that would be nice. Is there any companies that make these? What is the precise name for them?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Got a rotary table or a dividing head? If not it's a good excuse to buy one and then you can make all the degree rings/dials/knobs you want.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Don't know about a "ring" but if you want to cut the center out you could make one from a degree or timing wheel. They're on eBay (of course).

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

You could make one as follows: Make or aquire an aluminum wheel (say 1/2 to 3/4" thick) with appropriate bushing/shaft. Make epoxied paper scale to wrap around, and fasten to, the periphery.

For details on making a precision paper scale, see

<

and associated photos.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

They are called Circular Protractor.

I have seen 6-8" diameter sizes - Starrett has 7" Precision Universal Bevel Vernier Protractor.

I'd try 1. An office supply - real one with drafting... not big box. Big Box web page maybe...

Professional Protractor at a machine shop supply house.

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Steve B wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Telescope manufacturers sell them, marked in degrees, and or hour angles.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Save your self some trouble, and go here:

you can print out a number of useful graphs/grids, and it's easy as pie. Polar Graph paper is around half way down the page, and configurable to print as many lines as you may like.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

That's it - see if one is for sale in the papers or ... web sources... cheap.

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Steve R. wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Graphing and charting came into life with excel use - prior to that xero booklets and buying sets from local stores.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Enoch Root wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn