Suspend those pesky physics laws!

Control the clamping with a spring and a cam so its based on the position of the feed. It sounds like you are having problems controlling the air driven clamping scheme timing.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

[snip]

Transformers are all made in China now. The coil winding machines you refer to are 10 year olds.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I saw one in operation in an engineering prototype lab in Minnapolis quite recently, though it very probably was more than 10 years old. Yes, most production has gone offshore. Not all in China BTW.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I'm starting to regret having mentioned tape.

I'm looking at a servomotor with stall (all day) torque of 0.734 N-m, peak torque of 5.5 N-m. The whole damned motor weighs about 2.4 kg, the rotor mass is surely less than half of that. Motor OD is about

80mm or 3.125". Do you think this motor could accomplish Tom's task? I think it could do it easily and for a very long time.
Reply to
Don Foreman

Depends on the transformer. There is a company 30 miles from here and they have a sister site in Mexico. These are power line xformers.

Mart> D> [snip]

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn