SYDNEY: Lathe for sale

I know some Australians read this group, so it's a good place to start.

A friend's father is alas no longer able to use his kit. SO it's for sale.

has the details.

If you are interested, then email snipped-for-privacy@cse.unsw.edu.au and tell him you had the info from Zebee :)

There are no prices on the kit, make an offer.

Zebee

Reply to
Zebee Johnstone

Pity I just bought a new lathe about 6 months ago, or I'd be heading up the Hume Highway. I'll mention it around the traps and I've bookmarked the page for future reference

Tom

Reply to
Tom Miller

I note that the place is near the sea and the old fellow got sick a number of months ago so couldn't maintain it properly.

I'll remind his son to grease it up while it waits to sell....

I expect all the rust is surface only, should clean up easy enough.

Zebee

Reply to
Zebee Johnstone

Hey, Zeb. Long time. How's the bike going?

I've crated all my stuff and half of it's in Tas now. The rest is still in crates but ya get that on a big move. Still building down here, finished the house/small shop and about to start on the 16m by 13m barn. I really don't need another small lathe either. Can't think offhand of anyone who'd want one enough to pay, tho no asking price makes it kinda hard to value. Sheratons were well made.

Against that, the top speed is only 1000 rpm and it has screwed chucks. Can't tell what the hole in the spindle size is but I'd be surprised if it was over 1.375". Not a lot of tooling with it.

Shrug. Depends on who turns up. I paid $1000 for a Colchester Chipmaster loaded with tooling and $3500 for an Emco Maximat 11 fully tooled. I'd price this one somewhere between $1000 and $2000 for a private sale, assuming the bed & ways are in excellent condition.

PDW

Reply to
Peter Wiley